Research Proposal is the most important part of your application procedure while applying for any local or international scholarships below are some guidelines to walk students through the process to write effective and impressive Research Proposal.
Why write a Research Proposal?
Your research proposal is a guideline for the reader about your research question and introduction to the problem. Moreover, your proposal will walk the reader through about existing approaches to achieve the objective as well as it will differentiate your work from the existing one. Your research proposal should be 4-7 pages long containing 2000 to 3500 words. Research Proposal discloses your level of expertise in the mentioned field as a writer of research proposal requires knowledge of the desired field. Although you are just providing your research interest you can rationalize you’re pointing out methodology and requirements for your research. While writing your research proposal you should keep in mind that it’s just a starting point and your direction of research might change as your research evolve. You can always approach us for help in helping you write your research proposal.
Benefits of writing a Research Proposal
- Research Proposal will help you to brainstorm and be inquisitive about your research goal.
- This will help you provide skillsets and your questions in a comprehensive way.
- It also helps to clearly state your objectives for the research.
- Help to clarify steps to carry out research, answer the question by reviewing the literature and providing an answer to the questions in mind.
- This step of your research helps you to neat your writing and research skills.
- This also helps to identify various methods and approaches for analyzing data and deducing results from it
Key elements of the Research Study
Clearly state your research question, objectives and method you are going to adopt to achieve your goal.
Provide your motivation behind your interest in the topic by providing evidence from the literature.
Provide your research design by keeping in mind that what you are proposing is important to society and is doable.
- Literature Review
- Research Design
- Research plan
Steps in writing a Research Proposal
- Clearly, state the title of your research proposal
- Your research proposal should include the abstract of your proposal to provide a bird’s eye view of your topic including your research question, your objective and how are you going to achieve your objectives.
- The third step is to state the literature review to provide a rationale for your study and providing a comparison of previous research on the topic and how your idea is different or better for previous ones. It should also include your research question and its answer.
- The next step is to provide details about your research design, including mathematical proves for the topic if necessary, research methodology used for the area, and discussion on the advantages and limitations of your research.
- The research plan will provide the schedule, budget for your proposed research.
- In the end, you will conclude your research by providing an overview of your research what you did, how you did, and why you did it then you will state limitations of your research and provide future directions for your research area.
- After this, you will provide references for the topic that you used to support your points in the research proposal.
Common Mistakes in Research Proposal:
- Not being concise and comprehensive in your study.
- Failure in drawing a clear map of the problem.
- Failing in clarifying boundaries of your research including schedule. Budget etc
- Failure in getting proper guideline from the literature
- Poor writing skills and devising a proposal with grammatical errors.
- Failure in being concise and comprehensive where needed and providing extra details about the idea