Police clearance certificate issued by concerned state or district to provide the clearance of any criminal record of the person. It holds all the criminal activities of the applicant. While applying for study visa a vital step is to get your police clearance certificate if not provided at the time of application you are required to provide the document to embassy when leaving the country.
To get one you have to visit your area police station and apply. Some countries do have separate departments to perform this task. Any blood relative can also provide certificate on behalf on applicant with an authority form.
Procedure for Police Clearance Certificate
- You are required to fill a form at the police station along with supporting documents mentioned on the form.
- After applying police will search every nook and cranny to make sure you don’t have any criminal record.
- You might be asked to appear for an interview in-person or on phone as per you ease.
- After completion of verification procedure your certificate will be provided to you by concerned police station.
While visiting your nearest police station don’t forget to keep the list of documents mentioned to avoid any inconvenience.
- Attested Copy of CNIC
- Copies of mother and father CNIC
- Copies of two nearby neighbors CNIC
- Copies of utility Bills
- Marriage certificate (for female applicants)
- Witness form
- Application form
- Recent Passport size pictures
- Copies of Educational Documents
Sample of Police Clearance Certificate
- How to write an Effective CV for Scholarship with sample
- How to get Acceptance Letter from Professors for Scholarship